Re: Renters, assoc. members & waiting: Finances?
From: Barbara & Mark Andre (mbawebaccess.net)
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 09:32:32 -0600
In our community we have only one house that is rented. The renters are
required to
pay HOA dues (although the house owner is ultimately responsible for payment).
When
a home owner rents a room in their house, the dues for that household increase
in
proportion to the number of residents.

Note our dues are based on four different areas: common expenses (divided
equally
among households), equivalent person expenses (divided among residents over the
age
of 1 year), square footage expenses (divided among units based on size of unit),
and garage/carport expenses (paid only by those who have garages and carports).
It
is the equivalent person expense that is affected by presence of renters. We
also
set the dues once each year. Dues for each household don't change until the new
budget is set next year.

We have no associate members or waiting lists.