Re: A personal note
From: fertilezone (fertilezoneebox.oo.net)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 19:50:13 -0600
Liz Stevenson wrote:

>..At the beginning of December, my husband, .. lost his job of
more than 9 years. Meanwhile, I've been an at-home mom for five
years and needed to get employed right away, so I'm temping.

Hello Liz,

You helped us with Bay area Coho info. during our move from
Seattle.  At the moment we are desperately looking for Berkeley's
new name and any other East Bay communities near Fremont,
San Ramon, Walnut Creak.  Any thoughts? Anybody?

Since we are still living with relatives in the SF bay area and
making some progress toward work, I'd just like to pass on the
methods that worked so far, and wish you the best during your job
transition.

After being in the SF bay area for 5 weeks, we've made the
security check stage for a $20k yr. food service job and qualified for
a 3rd interview in a $35-40k yr. job. in Fremont :)

All these jobs are direct, and the best opportunities have all come
from the same Web Site http://www.eastbayworks.org/
Eastbay Works Job Seeker Services

Most of my interviews came from the ability call a person directly
and from the EastBay works web site above.  I also faxed, &
emailed resumes in droves, but untold numbers of these blind
fax/emails must fall into some kind of black hole.  A direct phone
line / voice message & post interview thank you letter has worked
much better for us.  This direct phone-call principle might also
apply to the on-line classifieds, such as:

SFGate: Who's Hiring?
http://sfgate.com/whoshiring/

San Jose Mercury News JobHunter
http://classifieds.sjmercury.com/classifieds/jobhunter/indexnojava.h
tml

#1 Technical Staffing Corporation
http://www.tech-search.com/framesetN.html?clientAgentIS=NW4

You can also post resumes and do searches from
http://www.careermosaic.com/

The internet newsgroups specific to the SF bay area, may also
help if your expertise is in either computers or related recruiting /
technical writing

a2i.ba.jobs.offered
a2i.ba.jobs.offered.hivol
ba.jobs.agency
ba.jobs.contract
ba.jobs.contract.agency
ba.jobs.direct
ba.jobs.offerd
ba.jobs.offered
ba.jobs.resumes
alt.bestjobsusa.sfransisco.jobs

My progress has been related to having direct phone contacts and
interviewing skills, which are improving, since I bought a $45.00
Thomas guide and stoped getting lost.

  • A personal note Stevenson/Bitner, January 6 1999
    • Re: A personal note fertilezone, January 8 1999