RE: Unit Kitchens
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousemail.msn.com)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 16:18:19 -0600
As you make design decisions, remember that you will eventually be reselling
all these units to other buyers in the future. If you create unapealling
designs, it may make it harder for people to sell their unit in the future.
Realtors have told me kitchens are one of the those key selling points in a
house. So, in my opinion, the design question should be, what if I did not
participate at all in community meals, would this kitchen suffice?

At least one cohousing group has moved in and never held any community
meals, and so they can not be taken for granted I think in designing
kitchens in units. And also, typically about 1/3 of the households will not
participate in community meals.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood