Checklist for common house donations
From: Joani Blank (jeblankic.org)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 01:38:42 -0600
The following checklist is being used by the Old Oakland group to help us
make some projections about how we might initially furnish and stock our
common house. It is being posted in response to a request to this list re:
the common house kitchen supplies, but deals with all items that might be
donated or loaned to the common house (or for that matter available for
sharing though not resident in the common house.)

We expect to circulate this list again close to move-in time for people to
add stuff they didn't know they had until they started packing, but we may
end up just putting stuff in the common house when we get there, sorting
through it then, and then having a big yard sale for leftovers (well, we
don't really have a yard, but we'll figure something out.)

For each item, we ask that the household be as specific as possible about
what they expect to donate, loan or make available using the following
column headings:

NUMBER AND DESCRIPTION INCLUDING SIZE IF RELEVANT
DONATE?
LOAN?
AVAILABLE?

and we include these notes:

A "loaned" item can be retrieved by the owner(s) at any time; a "donated" item
is considered non-retrievable.  There are no tax deductions on donated
items and no
replacement or reimbursement for loaned  items if damaged.  The
last category, "available," refers to items that will be kept at
individuals' homes
but are available for use by others.

Dishes
Glassware