New Group Forming in Newton Mass
From: The Bigony Family (bigonymediaone.net)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 20:45:45 -0600
Hi Everyone,

My wife Donna and I are forming a new cohousing group in South Newton,
Massachusetts.  As some of you know we had founded Deerwood Village
Cohousing and left that group a couple of months ago when we decided we
wanted to be close to Boston as opposed to being in the suburbs.  We
live in a community in the Oak Hill area of Newton that is prime for
retrofit cohousing.  Homes are connected by walking paths (front doors
face the paths), there is a community building, an active neighborhood
association, Tennis Courts, and a public playground. Homes have access
to the Charles River Reservation, conservation land with miles and miles
of walking trails through beautiful, peaceful woods.  There are now
houses for sale with prices ranging from $200,000 to 400,000.  Sizes
vary from 2-5 bedroom homes.

Newton is a lovely, diverse city with an excellent school system,
numerous homeschool resources/support groups, moderate tax rate, and
great services. It's close to Boston, Cambridge, Brookline, Dedham,
Needham, Waltham, Watertown, and other great destinations. The Oak Hill
Park neighborhood has a small-town feel, just south of the heart of
bustling Newton Centre, just west of Boston! Everything you need from
shopping to restaurants to museums is within 5 to 10 miles.

If you would like to find out more email, call us at 617-558-9808, or
watch for updates at our web site: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/bigony

Glenn & Donna Bigony
Newton Retrofit Cohousing