Re: removing members, heaven forbid
From: Unnat (Zeniinet.net.au)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 01:57:24 -0600
Hi Stephanie and all,

> struggling with
> developing a set of procedures for terminating cohousing membership

I'm not surprised!  Too hard and why bother.  Trying to insure against
obscure worst case scenarios can go on forever.  In Pinakarri Community I
know, even when things are rough, ( and I'm going through an extended
cynical but friendly phase at the moment ), that the other person is here
because they want what I want, even when it seems contradictory.  Within
that frame, how much difference in behaviour and attitude can I tolerate?
And when I reach my tolerence level, who needs to change?   Besides, no
matter what procedures were in place, I'd like to see a mob try to get me
out of my house.

I agree with Lynn re the organic process of self-selection, coming and
going.  I'd be inclined to invest the time and effort into community
building activities, finding values that ALL hold dear.

Warmest regards
Robyn Williams
Pinakarri Community
Fremantle, Western Australia

Pinakarri is an Australian Aboriginal word from the Nyangamarta Tribe,
meaning 'deep listening / listening deeply'.