Re: Consensus Fallbacks
From: Stevenson/Bitner (lilbertconcentric.net)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:10:09 -0600
I stand corrected, then!  Perhaps this is one of those "you had to be
there" things.  I still can't imagine why anyone would want or need a gun
in their house, so much so that they would leave cohousing, but that's
another discussion.  Thanks for taking the time to explain the situation.

On the subject of revisiting issues with new members- I believe that our
group had a policy in place that worked.  When I joined, we had not moved
in yet, and the rule was something like there had to be a two-thirds
majority vote in favor of revisiting an issue before it could be
discussed again.  This removed the old/new member issue, while insuring
that issues that had strong aggreement in the past would not be brought
up again easily or often.

Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing