Re: Unit Kitchens
From: S. Hamer (shamer_excite.com)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 06:31:01 -0600
For those designing unit kitchens...please remember that you still need
cabinet space for dishes, glasses, groceries and long term provisions. Yes,
kitchens can be smaller than your typical suburban home, but don't force
people to cram the rest of their house with boxes of cereal, canned goods,
flour, sugar, etc. because there is no room in the kitchen to put them!!!!!

On Mon, 18 Jan 1999 22:58:37 -0600, Stevenson/Bitner wrote:

> >think it is a cohousing myth that we all need smaller kitchens once we
have
> >the use of a common house kitchen for shared meals.  The kitchen is the
heart
> >of our home, always was, always will be.
> I think that got started with the original cohousing book, which featured

> tiny European coho kitchens.  I think those communities have more common
> meals than typical American cohos, and European homes are much smaller
> and efficient  in their use of space anyway.
>
> Liz Stevenson
> Southside Park Cohousing

Sharon Hamer
Hopkinton Middle/High School LibraryMedia Center
88 Hayden Rowe St.
Hopkinton, Massachusetts 01748
508-497-9820  (Fax) 508-497-9829