Re: Kitchen Size/packing analogy
From: Virginia Moreland (vmorelandmindspring.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 06:13:58 -0600
At 08:23 AM 1/19/99 -0600, Sharon Villines wrote:
>I think kitchen size in cohousing is like packing for a weekend vs a week.
>You still have to pack all the basic stuff so there isn't much difference.
>But since hotels now have hair dryers and irons in the rooms you save a
>little space on the big items.
>
>Sharon Villines
>The MacGuffin, http://www.macguffin.net
>Synergy Cohousing, Delray Beach, FL http://www.cohousing.net

Sharon, that's a great analogy! It may work not just for kitchens but for
cohousing units in general.  You know you're going to eat several meals a
week in the vacation lodge and that you don't need to have your own canoe
or bicycle (i.e. weed-eater or sewing machine) unless you plan to use them
just constantly.  Most people can relate to this instantly - then you just
make the segue from short-term vacation to long-term living situation.
Thanks!

Ginny Moreland, East Lake Commons, GA