Fwd: common workshops/arts & craft studio
From: PattyMara (PattyMaraaol.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 12:00:41 -0600

--part0_916854720_boundary

List,
Some of you have asked that I post all my responses to the list so here's a
private post from Lynn at RoseWind re: the common workshop.  It highlights an
issue that we at Tierra Nueva are experiencing as well:  when the workshop (or
any common facility) is not built with the project, and slated to be built
"later".  We have some new members who are not thrilled using our potential
profit from the project to build a workshop, or are not in agreement about the
consensed location.  Process, process, process.  Sigh.

Nyland Cohousing in Colorado has a sizeable shop, I remember having
pointed out to me in passing.

Lynn at RoseWind
I'm looking forward to the responses posted to your request. We have an
area set aside in which we have permission from the City to have Home
Occupation type offices or studios, non retail, as well as the potential
for a hobby shop or such. We haven't a clue how to legally arrange for
who pays for building offices and such, and who owns them or leases them
or what. A common shop would presumably be built in common. There are
those who would like to use a shop for personal business woodworking, but
most of us are leary of the noise, and hoping it will be more a hobby and
repair thing.

Now there are those who would cannibalize that piece of land for lots to
sell, vs others who want to keep the options open into the future. Never
a dull moment.

--part0_916854720_boundary