Fwd: common workshops/arts & craft studio
From: PattyMara (PattyMaraaol.com)
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 21:55:55 -0600

--part0_916890312_boundary

In a message dated 1/20/99 2:13:34 AM Pacific Standard Time, Zen [at]
iinet.net.au

<< Subj:         Re: common workshops/arts & craft studio
 Date:  1/20/99 2:13:34 AM Pacific Standard Time
 From:  Zen [at] iinet.net.au (Unnat)
 To:    PattyMara [at] aol.com

 Hey Patty,

 If you get any 'off the list' responses to this, I'd be very interested to
receive
 a copy.

 One potential workshop space, an erstwhile double car parking space, is in a
 contentious position for one member.  I'd love to be able to offer my friend
the
 upside of creatively developing this space for common use, while being
mindful of
 her concerns. She's pretty crafty an just needs to see the benefits for
herself.

 We have planned a small craft space/wet area utilising the covered area
outside
 the kitchen where the passage way broadens out.  It will be the cool side
during
 hot summer days (it's a southern hemisphere thing )and provides a community
focus
 area on the equity end of the common house.  It's overlooked by a large
common
 house kitchen window so kids of cooks and others can play with clay etc in
view.
 A special feature will be the craft sink which will be a thing of beauty in
 itself.  Our architect has agreed to be the model for the water spouting
gargoyle
 mounted on the wall over the sink.

 Warmest regards
 Robyn Williams