Re: Silicon Valley, CA new construction retrofit cohousing
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 08:55:05 -0600
On Sat, 23 Jan 1999, ann zabaldo wrote (off list):

> This is a very interesting variation.  The Wash. DC area would be ripe
> for something like this as building condo communities  farther and farther
> from the city goes unabated -- in fact it's heating up in this time of low
> interest rates.
>
> Be interesting to see if this variation actually "works."

The original poster had gotten no responses and I decided to respond to
try and raise it's profile because it looks like it has potential to
evolve further.  Suppose a group decided to try and do this before they
had identified a development so that the plan could develop in a less
hurried manner.  They could even identify proposed developments and
negotiate for some changes.  Basically, say to developer 'We understand
you are going to develop this site, how about selling it to us and make
some minor changes?"

Fred

Cohousing-L  See http://www.cohousing.org and Nbhd-tc --  Twin
Cities Neighborhood issues list.  See http://freenet.msp.mn.us