Re: New Home Developments
From: Unnat (Zeniinet.net.au)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 16:47:55 -0600
Hello,

> i) The list is too quiet.

Touche.  Have you all gone to sleep for the winter? (she smugly chortles from
summer)

> "The future residents play an active part in designing the site".

Paul, I see this as a desirable principle rather than a hard core rule.  When
principles based on purpose are held up as immutable dogma, then I'm outa here.
If the built site suits other principles and priorities and the group concerned
is
content then what's the problem?  One of my favourite examples of cohousing from
the Coho book was the inner urban retrofit - old terrace houses, fences pulled
down and, if I recall, an old machine shop converted to a common house.  The
design definately helps, however I believe it's the persistence and creativity
of
the people who will make it.

Warmest regards
Robyn Williams