Re: New Home Developments
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 18:41:59 -0600
On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, Unnat wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > i) The list is too quiet.
>
> Touche.  Have you all gone to sleep for the winter? (she smugly chortles from
> summer)

Hey, don't knock quiet :)
Some of us are busy enjoying winter or at least talking about enjoying
winter.

WRT resident's designing the community:

> When principles based on purpose are held up as immutable dogma, then
> I'm outa here.

Cohousing is a rather flexible notion the way many of us understand it.
Resident group decision-making ranks much higher in my estimation than
the specifics of what they do or don't design.

Interestingly one trend has been away from too much resident involvement
in design.  Residents having to learn enough to plan all details is
time consuming and difficult and it typically increases construction costs
thru more costly customization and changes midstream.

Fred

Cohousing-L  See http://www.cohousing.org and Nbhd-tc --  Twin
Cities Neighborhood issues list.  See http://freenet.msp.mn.us