RE: New Home Developments
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousemail.msn.com)
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:01:34 -0600
Jasmine Golde asked,

 Are there other
> developments without a
> common house and what kind of common facilities have yout set up?

In my experience, in living in cohousing without a commonhouse, and then
building our commonhouse and experience the difference, I have learned that
if your goal is to create a sense of community amoung the residents, a
community gathering place for meals, and socializing is crucial. The
commonhouse is place where community building happens everyday. Without it,
you have a HUGE handicap to overcome. Go visit a couple of communities that
have central community buildings (commonhouses). You will see and feel what
I speak of.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood Cohousing