Re: New Home Developments
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 14:07:59 -0600
Rob Sandeln wrote:
<if your goal is to create a sense of community amoung the residents, a
community gathering place for meals, and socializing is crucial. The
commonhouse is place where community building happens everyday. Without it,
you have a HUGE handicap to overcome. >

I agree - and BOTH are important, the meals, and the central place.   Our
Common House also houses 8 coop apartments, and even with our Common Kitchen
being remodeled, the CH is central to interactions. We *do* manage to eat
together.  And the "today" bulletin board and decision board are there.

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
        (usually checked on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments               in a rehab Georgian building
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
Two 3 BR townhomes  for sale - see our web page
I'm probably downsizing in the next ? 6mo/1 year? to a smaller coop apartment
and selling my 3 BR coop apartment  {This is *not* definite}
 web page: http://www.jimn.org/mococo/