modular construction for a common house?
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 13:50:40 -0600
Has anyone explored whether there are prefab modular construction units
from which one could fashion a common house?

Of course there are a great many versions of modular residences,
typically fitted with ready-made residential bathrooms, kitchens,
bedrooms, etc. And we would want none of that, nor carpet, wall
coverings, floor coverings, etc. But a sturdy shell at a good price could
be an economical start. We're thinking in the range of 2800 sq ft, though
it wouldn't have to be a rectangle -- could be an L or other variation.

Perhaps someone even makes a prefab club house or dining hall or such?

Tell me what you know...

Thanks, Lynn Nadeau, Port Townsend WA