Re: site supervision to protect land & contractual penalties
From: PattyMara (PattyMaraaol.com)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 17:11:17 -0600
In a message dated 2/10/99 9:00:10 AM Pacific Standard Time,
SharonVillines [at] prodigy.net writes:

<< A lot of people working construction are teenagers--Senior Teens but still
 teenagers. You may have signed the contract with a mature, licensed, careful
 person, but that person works in the office. The senior teens have the
 equipment and are much more concerned about which foot goes on which pedal
 and how cool they look than whether your tree gets flattened or a neighbors
 property is damaged.

Sharon and List,
Great point!  So So So true.  Many times throughout our construction process I
looked around in wonder at the kids barely out of their teen years who were
framing, plumbing, wiring and painting the houses.  But the senior teens, the
ones in their twenties and thirties were the biggest problems, and were
arrogant and sloppy.  The amount of litter left on site during construction
was a sight to behold.  My brother in law is a project manager for Sea World,
and whenever he came to visit he would look around in disgust at the garbage
left on site, cans, fast food containers, cups, and trash, as well as the
construction debris.  He would have never allowed that on a job he was
managing.  We used to tour the site with garden carts collecting recyclable
containers and could fill up the cart in no time, at least once a week.  Go
figure.

And the painters, in their low twenties, were in fact dangerous as they sped
onto and away from the site in their cars.  "Be careful, it might be a
teenager" describes them to a T.

Patty Mara Gourley