Cohousinging-L archive search [ was: Re: Question about financing
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 10:52:24 -0600
On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 StephOder2 [at] aol.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What a wonderful list. Please excuse me if you get this question all of the
> time. I searched the archives, but for some reason could not access any posts
> more recent than 1997. If you wish, point me in the right direction and I'll
> search for it. Thanks!

I'm glad you find cohousing-L useful and thanks for trying to locate an
answer in the archives.  But feel free to ask over the list too.

I checked the search function for the CSF archives of cohousing-L (at:
http://csf.Colorado.EDU/cohousing/
and found that it did work and found recent messages.
(In my test I searched for "supervision". )

It does have some limitations tho which may have confused you.

1) It tends to report the oldest "hits" first.
2) It reports the same hits multiple files when they are found in various
files (date, author ...).
3) It has a limit on what it reports -- hits in 100 files.

Therefore if you search for a phrase that is common in the archives it
will report only old hits.  To get around this limitation, try to search
for a different word that will get fewer, more relevant hits.
Unfortunately it does not support more sophisticated searches (e.g.
boolean).

If anyone wants to volunteer to improve the search facility, please
contact me.

Fred, cohousing-L list manager

Cohousing-L  See http://www.cohousing.org and Nbhd-tc --  Twin
Cities Neighborhood issues list.  See http://freenet.msp.mn.us