Re: Regional mailing lists
From: Raines Cohen (coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:49:05 -0600
"Fred H. Olson" <fholson [at] cohousing.org> wrote on 25 Feb 1999 08:04 AM:

>For each region's list a volunteer would be needed to manage and
>promote it.  For someone active on the net this should not be too big a
>task (as much effort as one cares to / can put into it...).  With the
>availability of "free" (advertising supported) list servers that are now
>available, starting such a list is pretty a straight forwards task.

I'm interested in launching such a list for the SF Bay Area (although our
new Mayor, Jerry Brown, calls it "Greater Oakland," I'd be OK with
calling it "cohousing-SF"). There's lots going on 'round here that I'm
aware of (I'll post a separate report) and probably much more that I'm
not. We don't seem to see much here from Berkeley CoHo and some other
groups in the 9-county (!) Bay Area... maybe a list where people can
focus on local/regional issues and collaboration would help ... of
course, I'll post summaries here.

Raines

Raines Cohen <coho-L [at] raines.com> <http://www.swansway.com>
Member, Swans Market Cohousing - Old Oakland neighborhood, CA
We've reached consensus on an issue after 8 months of processing!
Construction well along; Developer says Sept. but we plan on Dec.