Re: Normative definitions of cohousing
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 13:09:25 -0600
Diane Cano   Ganas     Staten Island, New York   DHCano [at] aol.com

I live in an intentional community which is not cohousing, but I subscribe to
this list because I find that IC's of all kinds share common concerns and
interests.  As I have said before, I believe that cohousing IC's contribute
positive visibility, a "high end" that helps make community living more
acceptable in the main stream, and a level of disposable income that allows
cohousers to try out and showcase elements that other IC's may not be able to
afford.

It is members' commitment to community-building that simultaneously
differentiates cohousing from any well-designed condo complex, and identifies
it with other IC's.

Peace,

Diane Cano
Ganas