Creating uncommonly lovely common gardens - urban
From: Unnat (Zeniinet.net.au)
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 18:25:10 -0600
Hello

I'm interested in any discussion re creating the common gardens and
landscaping, nifty outdoor nooks and crannies, good relationships
between
buildings and outdoor areas.  What are your favourite spots, what works,
what doesn't?  Does anyone have a fire pit?  Where does the compost heap
go? Etc....

Pinakarri Community is an urban infill project - 12 houses with small
private north facing (our sunny side) courtyards and c/house on 3000 sq
metres (32,292 sq feet or 0.74 acre - I reckon). The houses are set out
in a sort of figure of eight pattern where the crossover is the
adjoining arcade of the c'hse, creating two outdoor common areas.

BTW I finally borrowed A Pattern Language by Christopher Alexander et al
- it's an interesting browse.

Regards
Robyn Williams
Pinakarri Community