When meetings are too boring for children....
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousemail.msn.com)
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 19:45:23 -0500
I just had to hitch hike on what Sharon said:
"...maybe sometimes when activities are too boring for kids, we need to
 think twice about why and  how we are doing them."

If your meetings are too boring for children, they are MUCH too boring for
adults. Meetings should be lively and fun, and something you look forward to
because they are such fun. One of things I have learned is that if meetings
are a drag, many people will find something else to do. It should never be a
"painful duty" to be part of a group process. It should be a joyous
community building. And if this does not describe your meetings, you are
being seriously short changed and should actively work to change it.

It can be done, I've seen it in lots of communities, just takes some thought
and a bit of planning.

Rob Sandelin
Northwest Intentional Communties Association