Urban Ecology discussion
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 05:36:00 -0500
Yesterday I discovered an interesting discussion / resource:

The Urban Ecology e-mail forum discusses the political, technical, social,
economic, and poetic relationships that grow out of humans living in
groups. We will examine not only cities' effects on the earth, but city
living's effects on us as individuals and as communities, and how we can
make urban living a positive process for ourselves, for our posterity, and
for the earth.

My search for "traffic calming" for example found 130 hits. One
interesting example:   On the Road Again: The Plight of the '90s Mother
http://www.egroups.com/group/urban-ecology/1156.html?

You can read messages on the Web:

  http://www.egroups.com/list/urban-ecology

An mailing list option is the default method of participation.

The list has over 500 subscribers and over 100 messages per month.
See also the related website
http://www.living-room.org

Fred

Cohousing-L  See http://www.cohousing.org and Nbhd-tc --  Twin