Non-bank financed communities?
From: fertilezone (fertilezoneebox.oo.net)
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 04:38:27 -0500
On 5 Apr 1999 Rob Sandelin wrote:

> ..the private home ownership model inherent in cohousing,
..(finds middle class) cohousers spend(ing) most their waking
hours away from the community in order to earn the money they
need to pay for their mortgages.
> ..So in that regard, when you compare cohousing to other, non-
bank financed communities, you find cohousing has much higher
living costs with less member time availability.
--------------------------------

Can anyone elaborate on what forms of non-bank financed
communities exist?

Could these be independently-wealthy or inherited estates?

Except for the wholesale of US legislature, I thought homesteads
were gone.

If your not a campaign-contributing corporation, how else can one
finance, build, sustain, or maintain property taxes without at least
some members presumably spending most their waking hours
away from the community in order to earn the money?

Are there some sources for further reading to about Non-bank
financed communities?