Re: construction monitoring
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 05:10:52 -0500
on: 17 May 1999
Herb Ettel, Takoma Village Design Team
wrote:
<need(s) a process to monitor and liaison with the contractor, developer and
architect et al. I checked the entire cohousing-L archives and found NO
message on this at all.>

I remember a post - i don't know how long ago - maybe 4-5 months - someone
regretting not having hired a FT professional.  I wish we'd had one,and don't
know enough about the process we did to know if it  would  have been worth the
cost.  We had a team of 3 members in that role during construction - none with
experience.

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
        (usually checked on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments               in a rehab Georgian building
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House
Two 3 BR townhomes  for sale - see our web page
NEWS:   CHANGE IN PLANS FOR ME
My kitchen is finally done (most beautiful tiny kitchen I've ever seen,much
less  worked in) (my cabinet maker friend is an artist and very creative at
using an *interesting space)
That and some other things have changed my mind - am staying in my place and
working on a new doorway so I can rent a room with a separate entrance for more
privacy.  A different kind of downsizing.

a SMALLER HOME (1 BR, or could possibly add renting my space room) is still in
the wind to be available as two households combine, date still uncertain -
expected this summer
 web page: http://www.jimn.org/mococo/