Language use: 'CoHousing Community' (fwd)
From: Steve Habib Rose (habibthegarden.net)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 11:25:50 -0600 (MDT)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 17:45:47 +0000
From: David Weston <dweston [at] cqm.co.uk>
Subject: [intentional-communities] Language use: 'CoHousing Community'

CoHousing Friends-wherever you are,
        As some of you may know, I have felt it necessary to refer to
'CoHousing' in its 'more-than-just-housing' context. This has been to
reflect the Danish word 'bofoellesskaber' which, according to one of my
Danish friends, is most accurately translated as 'living together
communities'. In the past, I have, therefore, been using the term
'CoHousing Neighbourhoods', rather than just 'CoHousing'.
        However, as a result of a phone conversation with CoHousing
activist Martin Fields of Liverpool University, I have concluded that the
qualifying word 'Community' best describes any specific CoHousing project,
with the word 'Neighbourhood' reflecting more accurately the larger area,
which may well be made up of a series of 'CoHousing Communities'.
        I hope the use of the phrase 'CoHousing Community' helps to move
the community development agenda along. Comments would be welcomed.
Sincerely,

David J. Weston.

The Weather Underground. We provide weather across the world.
Visit http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/48

eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/intentional-communities