In group Project coordinator role
From: Peter Scott (psak.planet.gen.nz)
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 06:50:49 -0500
Hi all!

Coho from down under here.
Having our site, now we have had to catch up on all those things we didnt
quite get round to before site control, like finalising legals, selecting
architects, accountants, and other consultants. Our architect selection
process was not terribly straight forward and included an in group bidder (
more about that later). One of three briefing (programming) weekends is
complete.

With no coho friendly developer in sight we are very much doing it
ourselves, and there are just not enough nights for meetings anymore! Thus
there is now a proposal to employ a member to act as a liason person
between the consultants and the group.

Have other groups done this? If so how did the group make it work. What
were the feelings of the group about it?

Is it best to have one person in this role or can it be shared by a small
committee?

Lastly what is the interplay between this person(s) (doing the legwork) and
the ultimate project (construction ) management person(s)?

Thanks alot, and  I promise to write something (after exams!) about our
architect selection in that it may be  instructive.

--
Peter Scott
Waitakere Eco-Neighbourhood Cohousing Project