Re: value of web sites
From: Eris Weaver (erisncal.verio.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 18:27:30 -0500
Sonoma County Cohousing has a Website, which I maintain.  Since I already
have an Internet account and html experience, our site costs the group
nothing.

At this point, the site has mainly been used as a repository for minutes
of meetings, etc.  So that members who have missed a meeting can get
caught up.  It also serves as a sort of virtual brochure -- when someone
is interested in the group, we suggest that they read the information on
our site before they come to a meeting so that we don't keep having to
explain old business.  We do get email from folks who stumble across our
site -- I'm not sure whether they're coming from one of the directory
sites or what.  Some of them have indeed come to meetings...and several
members of our core group  (self included) originally FOUND the group bia
the 'Net.  We are very early in our process, and I imagine that things
will change as we get closer to an actual site.

Eris Weaver
http://www.wco.com/~eris/socoho.html