Re: value of web sites
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:09:11 -0500
>      On a very limited budget but needing more residents, we are wondering
> about the value of having our own web site.  We figure a good one will cost us
> about $600 a year for hosting.

A web site is very useful to people who are looking for a community in
another part of the country, but you don't have to have your own domain name
or pay for hosting. It will cost $600 a year to do that.

You can design a site of several pages of information and post it on one of
your members free website that comes with their email. Prodigy now allows (I
think) four megs of information. That is enough for a beginning site. Then
when you start using it to store you own information you can get your own
site. But all you need is a picture of the area, a map is nice, a
description of the project, bios of members.

http://www.onelist.com will run an email list for you free and with it you
get storage for files like minutes, etc.

Sharon Villines
Synergy Cohousing, Delray Beach FL, http://www.cohousing.net