Re: misuse of cohousing-l list -- Fred's take
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:10:05 -0500
On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, M Donovan wrote:
> No matter how well-intentioned I hope we can keep this
> list spam-free.

One of the things that makes managing this list pleasant is how
subscribers respectfully respond to the few inappropriate messages that do
get posted before I get to it!  (Tho I dont want to encourage such

Below is a portion of my repsonse to Steph.  But first a note of
reconcilliation. We all make mistakes;  I sure make my share.  So please
dont take comments too personally but take their message of promoting the
common good to heart.

Tho I try hard to keep the noise down on cohousing-L, I also encourage
people to learn to efficiently skim and delete the "noise" that does make
it into your mail box.

--------- FRED's response to the petition post follows ------------
(PLEASE do not follow up over the list - personal messages welcome)

Off topic posts tend to alienate people you are trying to influence.
Note the one response to the list already.

I do find it acceptable to have a few off topic lines at the end
after a posters name of a cohousing related message. Petitions
cna be mentioned by including the WWW address where petition info is
available.

Fred cohousing-L list manager

Cohousing-L  See http://www.cohousing.org and Nbhd-tc --  Twin
Cities Neighborhood issues list.  See http://freenet.msp.mn.us