web site as fantastic marketing tool
From: DCS (cdmemployees.org)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:10:18 -0500
We at Eno Commons maintained a web site during most of the marketing. I
know during the last year or so of the marketing effort, the web site
was very important. At least two of our out-of-state households found us
originally through the web; there's no telling how many of our prospects
came via teh web. Many other of our current households used the web site
for further information after initial visits to the project and to
meetings. I think it was an invaluable marketing tool, with very little
cost for a mighty big bang.

I'd add, though, that when my family was looking at cohousing, there was
one group's web site we visited. It hadn't been updated in over a year,
there were no site plans or pictures, not very much info, and it really
turned me off to the group - we didn't even go see them because the
other coho's web site was so *together*.  I wanted to be part of a group
that was not only friendly during our visit but so organized in regards
to information. I think the lesson there is that no web site is better
than a shoddily-produced one.