N.A. Conference '99: Request for Program Proposals
From: ann zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 23:12:53 -0500
Hi all!  I hope you're planning to attend this year's bi-annual North
American Cohousing Conference in Amherst, MA the first weekend in
October.  It will be, as Bruce Coldham loves to say:  "A rollicking
good time!"   Please take a moment to read this request for proposals
for the workshop portion of the conference.  Do you have a suggestion
for a workshop or panel discussion?  Please let us know.

Looking forward to seeing you in New England during "leaf viewing"
season!

-Begin --

1999 North American Cohousing Conference:   Requests for Program
Proposals

Here's your opportunity to help shape the upcoming bi-annual North
American Cohousing  conference!  The Program Committee for this
year's conference to be
held in Amherst this October is soliciting your thoughts and
suggestions for the workshop portion of the conference.

The conference runs from Friday night through approximately Sunday
noon.  The workshops will be held on Saturday morning, afternoon and
Sunday morning.  As currently envisioned there will be five workshop
slots with two separate (but equal) tracks.

One track will be for attendees who are either currently working on
designing and/or
building their community or considering starting a cohousing
community.

The second track will be geared for those who are living in
cohousing.  For this track, we are especially looking for topics
that  highlight issues specifically pertaining to the challenges
of living in cohousing and reveal lessons and solutions that
communities
have tried and/or adopted.

Each track will have five workshop sessions for a total of ten
sessions for the conference.  We welcome all suggestions.

Please submit your proposal in writing in 200 words or less (brevity
is greatly
admired.)  Include with your submission: 1) the track for which it is

proposed, 2) a title, 3)  person(s) who you think would be
appropriate
workshop presenter(s) or resource people for the session, 4)  your
name
and telephone number (obviously we'll have your email address.)

Please send your suggestions no later than *July 12th* to: Ann
Zabaldo zabaldo [at] earthlink.net.

For persons who receive this notice via the usual grassroots methods
who are not on email you can fax your submission to: 301 431 6331 or
mail it to Ann Zabaldo, 831 Malibu Drive, Silver Spring, MD 20901.

The Program Committee is composed of Sheldon Bogos, Bruce Coldham,
Zev Paiss, Stella Tarnay and Ann Zabaldo.

Thanks!  We look forward to reading your suggestions!

-- End --

--
_______________________
Best -- Ann Zabaldo

"If you want to have good ideas, first have
lots of ideas, then some of them will be good."
               Linus Pauling

Takoma Village Cohousing is the Washington D.C.
area's first URBAN cohousing community. We're w/in
two households of being fully subscribed!  We expect to
have a healthy waiting list by groundbreaking in mid- Sept.
Email me for more details.  Or visit our
website at: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~takomavillag