Re: Kitchen noise: A thanks to the list
From: Bitner/Stevenson (lilbertearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 14:03:34 -0500
How ironic. Two posts about the kitchen. It works great, but nobody is
enjoying it!

Two points, then. Mandatory cooking isn't so bad, after all. Last night we
had a luau. Everybody dressed in Hawaiian clothes and we had mahi-mahi. You
guys don't know what you're missing!

And people should think very carefully about not building the common house
until after the rest has been built. It is a vital part of the process, and
the momentum has been lost later on, as evidenced here. All is not lost,
though. You could still make the CH a bigger part of the community, it will
just take some willpower, and, yes, a meals coordinator. It is a big job,
but keep it rotating and it doesn't burn people out. You really are missing
out without the meals.

It is very gratifying to hear follow-through about something we discussed
months ago! Sometimes I feel very repetitive talking about the same stuff
over and over, without ever seeming to get anywhere. Congrats on your new
comonhouse!
--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing