FW: quick definition
From: Sharon Villines (sharonvillinesprodigy.net)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 13:41:02 -0500
>> When someone asks, "What is cohousing?" is there a
>> short (preferably one sentence) answer

I say,

"It's a housing complex, houses or condos or a combination, designed
and  built by the residents to encourage neighborliness."

If their eyes haven't glazed over I add:

"It includes a large common house with cooking and dining facilities for
frequent group meals, lounge, tv room, joint office, workshop, and exercise
faciities as well as childcare."

That usually does it. They are either interested and ask  more, or not.

Sharon Villines
MacGuffin Guide to Detective Fiction, http://www.macguffin.net
Olivia's Photograph, http://www.macguffin.net/olivphoto.htm