Re: quick definition
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:39:59 -0500
>> When someone asks, "What is cohousing?" is there a
>> short (preferably one sentence) answer

I say,

"the quick definition is: It's like a condo complex (tho may be single family
homes, townhomes, apartments,  whatever) with a LOT more common facilities AND
the *intention* to be involved with your neighbors."

then we go on from there.

-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
        (usually checked on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
15 homes - 7 new townhomes plus
        8 coop apartments               in a rehab Georgian building
(built as a retirement home in 1924 -) which also serves as our Common House

 web page: http://www.jimn.org/mococo/