Re: Consensus resource on line (On Conflict and Consensu)
From: Peter Donovan (pdonovanorednet.org)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:36:47 -0500
I'd also recommend Bob Chadwick's BEYOND CONFLICT TO CONSENSUS, which is
not
restricted by copyright and is posted on our site below. Bob was a National
Forest Supervisor in the 1970s and early 1980s. He retired in 1986 and has
since devoted his life to helping people confront and resolve conflict. He
has worked with over 40,000 people in conflict, and his little 80-page book
is fun and
easy to read. Fundamental to his approach is a different meeting design,
one that fosters listening and empowerment rather than criticism, judgment,
and resistance. It is not manipulative, faddy, or canned. It is totally
real, everything he does has a purpose, and it works.

http://www.orednet.org/~pdonovan/chadwick.htm

Peter Donovan
Enterprise, Oregon

PRACTICAL HOLISM IN THE NORTHWEST: A JOURNAL OF PEOPLE, LAND, AND MONEY
reports quarterly on what people are learning from conscious efforts at
managing wholes--as opposed to issues, positions, rules, problems or
symptoms, programs, species, or fragments. For examples, see
http://www.orednet.org/~pdonovan