DK99 trip a great success
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 06:21:13 -0500
We have seen 10 cohousing communities in the last 5 days.  I (Fred) have
see two more in Sweden.  Dale Mason has taken maybe 300 digital photos.
We have asked questions and gotten answers about all kinds of aspects and
have probably missed some things so we have email addresses for a little
follow up.  Cohousing is alive and well in Denmark.
Coming this time of year when many folks are gone on vacation has had
mixed effects.  Great weather etc but few common meals and fewer than
oterwise folks to talk to.

Very Briefly we have seen: (Spellings are close...Many of older ones are
covered in the book (Cohousing by McCamant and Durrett - hello to Chuck
and Katie from many folks)

(Fred):
Fardknappen in Central Stockholm  ( for people in the second half of life)
Kupan 6 Km out of central Stockholm - also a large apartment style
    building with common space on the first and basement levels.

Saetendammen 27 years old and well
Trudeslund only 25 years old
Kilen  has glass covered street
Skarplanent also quite venerable
Ibsgarden has a courtyard
Jernstoberiet (iron factory) indoor courtyard
Gundsolille (under construction in 20 year old school) Residents doing
  most work.
Kaephoj  smaller scale (it seemed) "L" shaped.  Very appealing
Tingarden a qualified success of large (total of 159 units in 15 unit
  clusters , rental and no group input to new residents
BO 90  Urban 17 unit new construction near central Copenhagen

We've seen so much it will take a while for us to debrief with our notes
etc.

Most of us will be back in the US with in 2-5 days.

We have some stories to tell like one person getting separated (later
found), missed meets at train station. But overall it was great.
You'll be hearing more particularly at the conference.

Fred who is on his bike around Copenhagen day and at a library.

--
6/21/99 to 7/7/99  Use fholson [at] yahoo.com  also.
Cohousing-L  See http://www.cohousing.org and Nbhd-tc --  Twin