Media publicity as a sales tool
From: Fifomonday (Fifomondayaol.com)
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 22:38:13 -0500
We have all wondered how best to promote a new cohousing community in the
media in order to find residents and promote sales.  Without a doubt having a
news worthy event, with visual appeal, helps!
Liberty Village, in rural Frederick County, Maryland, recently sent out a few
hundred copies of a press release to publicize delivery of our first two
(modular) homes. Although no media attended the actual delivery, the
Baltimore Sun published a short excerpt from the release and later sent a
reporter and photographer to our site to interview some of us.  Yesterday the
Baltimore Sun published a lengthy illustrated article about Liberty Village,
including our phone number and website address.

Today the Washington, DC, NBC TV station WRC (channel 4) picked up on the
story, sent out a camera team, and gave us two minutes of favorable coverage
on the 6 p.m. news tonight!

The Baltimore Sun article and pictures can be viewed at
<A HREF="http://www.libertyvillage.com/baltsun/index.html";>balt_sun article
</A> (which is just one page on our website
<A HREF="http://www.libertyvillage.com/";>liberty village</A> )

The full addresses of these two sites are
http://www.libertyvillage.com/baltsun/ -- for the article
http://www.libertyvillage.com                 -- for everything.

We are really excited and encouraged by these developments.  Perhaps it is
true what they say: Build it and they will come!

Michael Barrett -- Webmaster at libertyvillage.com
Liberty Village in Libertytown is Maryland's first cohousing community, where
there are still lots available for sale and buyers get to customize their
house size and select options.