Community Development Society and cd4urban discussion list
From: Steve Habib Rose (habibthegarden.net)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 22:57:19 -0500
Just found out about and joined the Community Development Society (I'll be
attending their conference in Spokane at the end of the month).  They sponsor a
discussion list called cd4urban which is open to non-CDS members (although you'd
also be welcome to join CDS!)  Info about the list at
http://comm-dev.org/sections/urban/cd4urban.htm -- general info about CDS and
their upcoming conference at http://comm-dev.org/

In a wonderful example of "it's a small world," the list owner, Al Boss, lives
in Seattle (as do I), works downtown (as do I), works as a web developer (which
is my background as well), does neighborhood community development (as do I) --
but we had never known about each other!  The only way I realized he was in
Seattle was that I am familiar with (but not involved with) the Seattle
Community Network -- scn.org, and noticed it in his email address.

Yours,

Steve Habib Rose
Phone: (206) 721-0217
Email: habib [at] thegarden.net
ICQ: 7649155

Host of The Garden
http://www.thegarden.net
Founder of the NeighborNets Network
http://www.neighbornets.org
Board Member of the
Northwest Intentional Communities Association
http://www.infoteam.com/nonprofit/nica/