research project, trip to Denmark
From: Isabelle Hong Minn (minniumich.edu)
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 07:55:42 -0500
I am a graduate student at the University of Michigan, studying Ecology
and Landscape Architecture. I have developed a strong interest in
cohousing, and would like to be involved in the development and design of
these communities in the future.

I have received some funding to make a research trip to Denmark an I am
looking for possible places to visit.  I will be going to Denmark and
Holland in August.  In particular, I am interested in studying the role of
site planning and landscaping in cohousing. I am working on a research
project which looks at the potential for cohousing (and other planned
living communities) to incorporate ecological function and restoration,
and to preserve open space.

I am interested in knowing if any of the Danish or Dutch cohousing
communities have payed particular attention to these things.  I am looking
for some contacts in and around the Amsterdam or Copenhagen areas.  I know
that a recent trip was made to Denmark by members of the list.  (I'm very
sorry to have learned of this trip when it was too late).
I would really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Isabelle

Isabelle Minn, Graduate Student
School of Natural Resources and Environment
The University of Michigan
Dana Building, 430 E. University
Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1115

minni [at] umich.edu