Heartwood Cohousing Breaks Ground
From: Mac & Sandy Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:12:11 -0500
This is one of two posts that I sent out last week that may not have
been distributed to folks subscribing to the list in digest mode.  I'm
resending them and apologize to those of you who have already received
them.

**********************
I've slipped into lurker mode for the past year or so because our 6 year
development process is reaching its fever pitched crescendo and as
project manager for our group, there's very little free time these
days.  We have at long last broken ground and we expect to have about
half of our families moved in by early next year.  I crawl back out of
lurker mode to bring you this important announcment (at least it's
important to us).

We have room for 5 more households in our 24 household community.  Ours
is a rural community located on 250 gorgeous acres in SW Colorado, which
includes 65 acres of irrigated farmland and about 180 acres of pine
forest.  The homes will be clustered on about 5 acres in traditional
cohousing fashion.  All of the homes will be super energy efficient and
passive solar (we get lots of sunshine here).

Our group is committed to a very deep sense of community.  IMHO, I think
we hold very efficient and nurturing business meetings, as well as
bimonthly Meetings of the Heart, which create an opportunity for closer,
personal sharing.

If you're looking for a community such as ours, I invite you to check
out our website for lots of detailed information:

http://www.heartwoodcohousing.com

- Mac

Looking forward to reconnecting with my coho friends in Amherst at the
national conference.

--
           Mac & Sandy Thomson           Heartwood Cohousing
           ganesh [at] rmi.net                Durango, Colorado

"Nobody cares if you can't dance well.  Just get up and dance."
     - Dave Barry