SO WHAT'S HAPPENING AT SOLTERRA?
From: DWeil20688 (DWeil20688aol.com)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 02:03:31 -0500
  Our colorful organic garden is filled
with flowers and veggies, and  the deer fence is up and most effective.
Sammy Scarecrow presides over the whole garden, usually from his seat in
the wheelbarrow.

At the end of Solterra Way, our new mail box kiosk is a great place to
stop and chat in the late afternoon!  Just to the left of our signature
farm house, is another  community gathering place, the freshly stained
tree house.  The kids love the sand box, and everyone can be found
relaxing in the adult size hammock, or viewing the meadow from the deck
of the 'house.

Behind the tree house is a large shed, our Little Common House, where we
hold meetings and out door events and pot lucks.  Inside, on our bulletin
board, there  are many photos of members at play.

Many houses have been built,  and there are others under  construction.
They're each different, and eclectic, to suit the needs of our families.
They range in size from about 1200 square feet to over 2000, and by
summer's end, there will be fifteen families in residence. When it is
complete, our community will have thirty-eight homes.

We're in a convenient-to-everything rural environment on the western edge
of Durham county. There are still a few lots available.  If you'd like
more information on Solterra, or would like to visit, please contact:

Judith Krassner
gjkrass [at] juno.com