Financing cohousing
From: ann zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 21:20:51 -0500
Hi all!

Over the years I've noticed some queries wanting the names and phone
numbers of appraisers and institutions that have financed cohousing
communities.  Generally, the information was wanted as a way to help
bolster a group's claim to its identified lender that cohousing is a
good risk.

I cruised around on the structured archives and found a list compiled
by Denise Meier ('97) that had as one of its questions the name of
the lender for the community.  Sometimes there's even a phone number.

My question is:  is there a more recent list lurking around out
there?  Is there a list that is specifically a compilation of lending
institutions?

If this kind of list is not available this seems like a great project
for someone who wants to make a contribution to cohousing.  Any
takers?

--
_______________________
Best -- Ann Zabaldo

Takoma Village Cohousing is now a
*PATH Demonstration Project (Partnership for Advancing
Technology in Housing) for HUD.  We have received $35,000
from HUD for consulting fees to help us determine which
energy systems and green materials are appropriate for our
community.

TVC:

*first URBAN community in the mid-Atlantic
*Groundbreaking mid-Sept
*Ribbon cutting late March 2000
We expect to have a healthy waiting list by groundbreaking
Email me for more details.  Or visit our
website at: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~takomavillag