Security measures in cohousing
From: ann zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 01:23:02 -0500
Hi all!  You can tell Takoma Village is getting down to the wire by
the number of queries I'm posting to the listserv.  We expect to
break ground end of August.

So my question for this email is:  what security systems, if any, do
you have built into your community design?  Alarm systems?
Shutters?  Fences?  Bars on windows and/or doors?

TVC is in a highly urban area w/ all the good and not so good stuff
that implies.

I think what we're trying to design is a system or systems that will
protect us but not imprison us.

Any thoughts?

--
_______________________
Best -- Ann Zabaldo

Takoma Village Cohousing is now a
*PATH Demonstration Project (Partnership for Advancing
Technology in Housing) for HUD.  We have received $35,000
from HUD for consulting fees to help us determine which
energy systems and green materials are appropriate for our
community.

TVC:

*first URBAN community in the mid-Atlantic
*Groundbreaking mid-Sept
*Ribbon cutting late March 2000
We expect to have a healthy waiting list by groundbreaking
Email me for more details.  Or visit our
website at: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~takomavillag