Re: security in cohousing
From: Bitner/Stevenson (lilbertearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 1999 07:42:41 -0600 (MDT)
And I'm glad I live in a place where I have access to all of the amenities
that a city provides-to each her own! As I said in my earlier post(which you
may not have read when you wrote that), an elaborate set-up is NOT needed. I
choose to live in an urban area. It is not a burden, and I don't live in
fear.

There was a great article in the Utne reader several months ago called
"Cities Don't Suck" that anyone who feels sorry for me and other urban
dwellers should read. It said everything I've ever thought about how cities
are good for people.

By the way, one of the areas where people need motion-detecting lights the
most is farms. If they don't have them, they get robbed blind of anything
not locked up. And we're not safe from zucchini foisters either!

Sorry to get so off topic.
--
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park Cohousing