TeleTalk: summer recess
From: ann zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 23:19:29 -0600 (MDT)
Hi all!  I've been taking a break from the monthly TeleTalk series
for the summer.  However, the series will start up again  Thursday,
September 2nd when the "Denmark 8" gather via phone to talk about our
experience visiting coho communities in the "cohousing motherland."
Fred Olson also visited some communities in Sweden.  Susan LaBarre
and I visited a 60 yr old ecovillage in Iceland.  It was founded as
an orphanage in 1930 by a 28 yr. old woman who was a follower of
Rudolph Steiner's education principles.

We visited the two oldest coho communities as well as some
"youngsters."  I invite you to join us for this fun filled and fact
filled TeleTalk.  Stay tuned for details.

--
_______________________
Best -- Ann Zabaldo

Takoma Village Cohousing is now a
*PATH Demonstration Project (Partnership for Advancing
Technology in Housing) for HUD.  We have received $35,000
from HUD for consulting fees to help us determine which
energy systems and green materials are appropriate for our
community.

TVC:

*first URBAN community in the mid-Atlantic
*Groundbreaking mid-Sept
*Ribbon cutting late March 2000
We expect to have a healthy waiting list by groundbreaking
Email me for more details.  Or visit our
website at: http://www.home.earthlink.net/~takomavillag