Re: free website space
From: Paul Conahan (pconahanumich.edu)
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 11:05:44 -0600 (MDT)
Regarding the original question which began this thread (about free website
space):  I suggest using one of the many free services which allow you to
build your own web site (e.g., www.geocities.com, www.homestead.com).  Then,
if you have a domain name which you want linked to your free web page, use
another free service called www.mydomain.com which provides free web site
redirection (i.e., when someone types in www.youraddress.org their browser
will display your free web site on www.geocities.com).  MyDomain.com will
also help you secure a domain name (for a fee, of course).

Having a web presence has definitely helped Sunward Cohousing of Ann Arbor
(Michigan).  I know of at least 2-3 of our original 40 households who found
us solely because of our web site.  Inquiries also shoot up whenever a
newspaper story is done about us or cohousing in general, and we have a
large database of names gathered via email inquiries which we can use for
resale and other PR/marketing purposes.

Paul Conahan
Sunward Cohousing of Ann Arbor -- where we've all been moved in for nearly a
year, and our community doesn't feel like a construction site anymore :-)
www.sunward.org
info [at] sunward.org