Re: Community Relationship Expectations
From: Mac & Sandy Thomson (ganeshrmi.net)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:21:15 -0600 (MDT)
Rod Lambert from Ecovillage at Ithaca talked about the benefits of their
new "deepening" meetings.  We hold similar meetings that we call
"Meeting of the Hearts", except that we include the whole community
rather than just 6 - 12 people.  We usually get about 20 folks there.

They have proved to be an invaluable balance to our business meetings
giving people an opportunity to get to know each other on a more
personal level, inviting people to open up and share their feelings, and
giving us all a safe environment in which to practice that kind of
intimate communication.  The idea is to be proactive about open
communication of heartfelt matters so that we will grow deeper
friendships, avoid many conflicts because of this richer understanding
of each other, and be better able to resolve conflicts when they do
arise.

So far, so good.  I'll keep you posted as the real tests begin when we
move in together at the end of this year.

- Mac

--
           Mac & Sandy Thomson           Heartwood Cohousing
           ganesh [at] rmi.net                Durango, Colorado

"If it sounds good, it is good."
     - Duke Ellington