Re: Equity caps
From: Merlin Porter-Borden (merlpberols.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 15:30:38 -0600 (MDT)
Hypothetically, values being equal, etc, etc, if you sold out under an
equity cap, and moved, you would be at a disadvantage trying to buy into an
established cohousing community which was on the open market.....you could
always start all over again.  Perish the thought!   We considered a cap, and
have chosen market rate.  We did agonize over the affect of market rate on
affordability (first coho in the immediate area).

Merlin Porter-Borden
Liberty Village, Libertytown, Maryland
Where construction is moving at a furious pace: commercial entrance
complete, final grading in process, one duplex nearly complete
(www.libertyvillage.com), site water, sewer, comms, private water complete,
power service going in, site lighting next, road surfacing next, lift
station construction in process, water treatment plant upgrade (back) on
track, wetlands utility crossing permit on track.
Nine lots available out of a an ultimate total of 37.  O&U first duplex in
October& deliver next duplex.